Inviting someone into your home for the purposes of celebration and having fun is a very intimate statement. You are sharing your domain! You are telling the guests you think very highly of them, so highly that you have chosen to let them into your private world! This step should never be taken lightly!
THROWING A PARTY IN YOUR HOME!...Can be a very cost effective alternative to renting an expensive banquet hall or reserving a large room at a fancy downtown restaurant. You can set the level of formality for your gathering and it is easier to create a cozy, comfortable, welcoming atmosphere for your guests.
HOSTING PRIVATE PHILADELPHIA PARTIES!
Catering for private Philadelphia functions requires plenty of culinary experience, a passion for food and beverages as well as great people skills! Friendly, efficient personalized service with great attention to details is the key to making private parties special!
PRIVATE PHILADELPHIA PARTIES AND EVENT CATERING!...Is a challenge!
Private Party Catering can be as simple as large meal customer pickups or delivery and drop offs. It may also include set-up and partial service or full service lavish affairs that are like hiring a whole restaurant to come to your house!
PHILADELPHIA PRIVATE PARTY CATERING!...Gives a caterer and his chefs a chance to really show off their creativity!
Salads, canapés, deserts, meal starters, build your own sandwich trays, lunch and dinner buffets, cheese and fruit trays, specialty cocktails, desert bars, formal five-course sit down meals, special occasion cakes!... When it comes to Philadelphia Home Party Entertaining the food and beverage requests truly are as diverse as one’s imagination! There are no set rules so every occasion is as unique as the host or hostess’s personality! Therefore private party caterers must be versatile, open minded and multi-skilled, culinary wizards to make it big in the Philadelphia Home Catering arena!
PHILADELPHIA DINNER PARTIES AND PRIVATE CELEBRATIONS ARE OFTEN THROWN BY PHILLY’S IN-CROWD ON A WHIMSY!
Successful home caterers in Philadelphia have to be set up so they can react fast and throw together a spectacular party menu on the spur of the moment!
PHILADELPHIA COCKTAIL PARTY MENUS ARE EXPECTED TO BE CHIC, VOGUE, SOPHISTICATED, INTRIGUING AND TASTY!
Impressing your guests starts with really thinking about who your guests are! What are their likes and dislikes? What will make them feel comfortable and welcome? What activities will coax your guests into relaxing and letting their hair down!
HERE ARE SOME TIPS FOR PLANNING A PRIVATE PARTY IN PHILADELPHIA:
1. Planning a successful private party in Philadelphia all starts with picking the right date and time. Philly is an active community with a lot happening; sports, fund raisers, rallies, conventions. Many Philadelphians have prior commitments planned well in advance. If you want a good attendance to your party do your research and plan your Philadelphia event so it doesn’t conflict with other popular stuff that is goings on in the Philly area on the same day!
2. Start planning your private party well ahead of time! A well-orchestrated Philadelphia celebration cannot be organized overnight. You need time; to think things through, to prepare your itinerary, to price stuff, to develop your guest list, to design and mail your invitations, to prepare decorations, write speeches and toasts, find, choose and book the entertainment…the list goes on and on!
3. Carefully create your guest list! The success of any private party ultimately rests with the guests that are invited. You should carefully consider whether you invite people who are known to openly despise each other or whose views conflict with one another like oil and water. You know your friends and colleagues’ personalities; think whether they are going to mix, mingle and enjoy each other’s presence!
4. Design your invitations early so you can send them out with plenty of time for guests to RSVP. Make sure you require RSVP so you will know your head count that will be attending. Include all the pertinent details; time, date, location, instructions on how to RSVP, when the RSVP deadline is, the dress code, reason for the event, ambiance of the party (casual, formal…) Double Check all details; spellings, addresses, phone numbers, traveling directions before printing. Add an element of creativity to your invites that sets the tone and lets your guests know what to expect. Put some personality into your invites and make them fun!
5. Make a check list of everything you need to get done. What must you order? What chores will you attend to yourself? What services need to be booked?
6. When choosing your menu consider the personalities of your guests and pick foods they would like. You must also match the menu to the occasion or reason for the get together. Also consider the time of year and what is locally in season. When you have a lot of different personality types and age groups attending the same event it is best to stick to traditional foods and beverages with one or two (WOW!) special items! If you do not know your guests pallets well; grilled Frogs legs, Monkey Brains Veggie Dip and Spicy, Bat Nest Soup are going to be very risky menu items to serve!
7. Consider adding a theme to your home party. Theme parties raise the element of excitement and entertainment setting a fun tone and attitude right from the start.
8. When you are using your own home to entertain it is advised to arrange the furniture, food tables and beverage stations so the party is confined to a specific set of designated rooms rather than having guests wandering around in all different directions and snooping into places and things that are none of their business. Yes, close off areas, hallways and staircases; and lock the doors to rooms of your house that you wish to keep off limits. This will allow you to spend more time, funds and effort on decorating and preparing the specific party arena. Upon entering, guests should feel like they stepped off the planet and into a comfortable fantasy oasis!
9. Remember to have fun after all isn’t that the whole idea behind throwing a party. Smile! Your guests will take their cue from you. If you are a nervous wreck, how can your guests relax? If you appear to be having a great time your guests will eventually loosen up, let their hair down and start enjoying themselves too!
10. LETS GET THIS HOUSE PARTY STARTED!
MERIDITH CATERING FOR PRIVATE PARTIES
AND UNIQUE SPECIAL EVENTS!
WE’VE BEEN PHILADELPHIA’S GO TO PRIVATE PARTY
CATERER FOR 11+ YEARS!